Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dear Bentley (2 years old),

Over the past few months Daddy and I have witnessed an explosion in your vocabulary and knowledge. You know all of your upper and lowercase alphabet as well as most numbers 1-10, struggling a little with 9, 6 and 4.   You can show me how old you are by holding up 2 little fingers now, and you actually say "2" along with it!! You spell out every word you see. While driving in the car I hear letters the entire time coming from the backseat as you are "reading" signs and billboards, it's incredible how quickly I was able to teach you:-) I also want you to know what a caring, kind, loving little boy you are becoming, all thanks to us giving you a baby sister to practice with♥ That was probably one of the greatest things we could have done for you as a human being because you've quickly had to learn how to be gentle with with someone younger and smaller than you are. You greet her in the morning, kiss her goodnight, give her hugs, wipe her mouth when she drools. You put her little hands together to make her clap, cover her with a blanket when she kicks it off, and the second you hear her start to cry, you jump up to go check on her. Seeing my baby boy do these things melts my heart and makes me so proud to be raising a son like you♥ We love you from the very bottom of our hearts and truly cannot wait to see what year 2 has in store for us all, Happy 2nd birthday Bentley!! xoxo

♥, Your Happy Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment