Friday, April 13, 2012

2nd Time Mommy, 1st Time Marathoner...In The Works;)

After spending the last 3 years or so of my life pregnant and caring for newborn babies, I figured it was time to do at least one small thing for myself.  Or should I say, a rather large thing.  Run my first 1/2 marathon just 6 months after having a baby and beginning training 4 months after said baby's birth. I'm also lucky enough to have a husband that pretty much shares every passion and goal that I have in my life, so he is also running his 1st 1/2 marathon with me, as well as my Dad.  My Dad has run his share of marathons so he set us up with a quick training program to complete in about 2 months, basically starting at 3 miles, increasing a mile a week until we reach 13.1 the day of the marathon.  I should also mention that I couldn't stand running before, and never worked out a single day while pregnant. Are you kidding me?? Getting my pregnant self in and out of a car was workout enough!! All joking aside though, I have actually begun to really enjoy running and the idea of forcing myself to do something that I don't exactly love, just for the end result, an astounding sense of accomplishment!  After all, why call it a goal if it's that easy to obtain?  So, in the midst of juggling a newborn, toddler, wifey-hood and homemaker-ness, I will continue on training for my very 1st San Diego Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon...wish me luck;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment