Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Vegas With Babies.

We took the babies to Vegas for a mini family vacation.  This was Bentley's 2nd time and Scarlett's 1st.  Andy and I always have so much fun there, with or without kids.  The first time we took Bentley, he was 4 months old and we spent the entire day in a cabana at the pool and my parents came out to watch him at night, which was SO nice! It was only a matter of time that we'd be back with 2 little ones in tow♥

Memory Lane-Bentley 4 months old in LV



The drive to Vegas now takes us about 4 hours from San Diego. It was pretty uneventful, which is great, because I was a little concerned with how the babies would handle being strapped in for such a long period of time. We did make one stop at Starbucks along the way and I HAD to snap this picture of Andy squeezed in between both car seats with the kids and his coffee:) (My Dad was in the front seat;)

My parents joined us again this time and offered to babysit one of the nights while we went out. We had dinner and drinks at Rice & Co., and tried our luck at the tables/slots afterwards♥
Pomegranate Martinis (my fave)

I sadly cannot remember the last time I stayed up past midnight, but I did it this night! Apparently, my body is so used to the current lack of sleep that it didn't phase me in the slightest.  I was up and ready to start our day at 6am the next morning!
Now, aside from the early morning wake-up calls, the only tough part about bringing babies on a vacation is the nap schedule.  Especially with a toddler who NEEDS that nap in order to survive! So we didn't exactly do everything we had planned, but we were able to get ourselves to the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay, which we really wanted to see. Bentley thoroughly enjoyed this part of the trip:)


And of course, Scarlett slept through the whole thing:(

Komodo Dragon, these things are enormous!


Touching a stingray
I can literally stare at jellyfish all day, they are quite relaxing to watch
Mom, Dad and Scarlett

We also attempted to go to the pool, but naps and feedings squashed that idea.  But of course I didn't forget to snap a pic of my little girl in her first bathing suit♥


We did have a very exciting moment when we saw that Scarlett had grabbed the toy lion in front of her, pulled it in tight, and started chewing its ear.  This is the second time she's reached a new milestone while we're on vacation (grabbing an object) I'll take it as a sign that we need to be going out of town more frequently this year;)


The drive home was perfect.  Scarlett and Bentley both slept for 3 hours straight.  We made one stop for smoothies and to stretch our legs and then we were back on the rode! Until next time:)




♥, The Happy Wife

4 comments:

  1. She is so sweet!!! You guys made some cute babies! Did you cut your hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori!♥ Yes I cut it right after Scarlett, now letting it grow back out, I had too many random layers that bothered me:)

      Delete
  2. I love the pics SIS! So glad you guys survived!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad we survived too!! Im still looking forward to a trip with all of us, no kids involved;)

      Delete