Tuesday, June 5, 2012

San Diego Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon!!

We did it!!!

2 months ago we set out to train for, and accomplish our first 1/2 marathon. I am very proud to say that we did it and it was an amazing experience. I also couldn't have asked for better running partners then my Husband and Dad. 
In the midst of training, Andy pulled his calf muscle and was unable to run for a few weeks. He started seeing a physical therapist, and then ended up getting appendicitis just 4 weeks before the marathon. I was beginning to think he wasn't meant to run this race, but, he pulled it together and the three of us ran across that finish line, 13.1 miles later, with smiles on our faces! It wasn't easy and was actually quite painful towards the end but I would absolutely do it again, in a heartbeat:-)  No words can describe the feeling of pride, accomplishment and of course, love for our new beautiful finishers medal♥


We wore our recent "accomplishments" on our backs, and needless to say, we received plenty of extra cheers, laughs and encouragement from fellow runners, even stopped for multiple photo ops:-)
Mine- Gave Birth 6 months ago
Andy's- Appendectomy 4 weeks ago
Dad's- Cabo 2 weeks ago


At the start line, ready to get our run on!!


There were live bands at every mile and in typical fashion, my Dad hopped on the drums @mile 9!! They did Blink 182, and a song he had never heard before, it was pretty awesome.

Running on the freeway

20K never looked so good!


We did it!!
13.1 miles- 3:30:34


At the beer garden after the race




Our medals are the best♥


Bentley knew that our medals were something special, he didn't want to take it off.  One day he will be running a marathon with us:-)



♥, The Happy Wife



5 comments:

  1. SO SO proud of you guys sis! I'm so glad that you got to experience your first half, and did so well with it! I love all of your photos too... especially Bentley with the medals. Beautiful!! Great job on your accomplishment, it was all very inspiring! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I cannot wait for the next one!! Don't forget I was originally inspired by you to do this race, so we've come full circle:-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie!!
    Its Liz Sapien...now Liz Sierra from Active!
    I stumbled across you on instagram and found your blog, which is very cute!! I can't believe you are now a mommy of 2, and you look amazing!! Congrats on your race, and you have a beautiful family. Hope to talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz!! My first thought when I saw your name on instagram was that it was you, but married!! But it wasn't showing your picture at the time! How are you??? Oh my goodness, we always had the most laughs at Active, you were so fun to work with:-) How are your babies? Do you have a facebook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good! My babies are growing up too fast for me. :( My daughter just finished Kindergarten, and my son will start K this comming fall! No, I don't have a facebook, I've always felt too busy to keep up with facebook. haha! I do miss all the laughs we had at Active, listening to Dr.Laura!

      Delete